10400 Warner Smith Boulevard, Cypress 77433
Phone: (281) 213-1650 ~ Fax: (281) 213-1651
Principal: Schonda Kidd
School Hours: 8:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
School Opened: 2007
|Principal - Schonda Kidd
AP - Judy Evans
AP - April Wright
Counselor : Gena Keller
Librarian - Gina Moss
Nurse: Andrea Huwar
Instructional Specialist: Shenna Aucoin
Instructional Specialist: Kimberly Dean
The staff, students, and parents at Warner Elementary work as a team to create a learning environment that will allow our students to become: effective communicators, competent problem-solvers, self-directed learners, quality producers, and responsible citizens.
Curriculum - Elementary
- CFISD elementary schools are comprised of students in grades K-5. Students who qualify for the Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities or for Pre-kindergarten are bused to sites that provide these programs.
- Core subjects at the elementary level include reading, language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, technology applications, health, physical education, art, music, and theatre arts.
- Every campus faculty includes the following members: counselor(s), nurse, diagnostician, speech and language clinician, dyslexia specialists, reading specialist(s), and content-area liaisons, as well as specially trained/certified teachers in the following areas: art, music, physical education, technology applications, English as a Second Language, and gifted education.
- The District's HORIZONS program is for academically-gifted students. In kindergarten, gifted instruction is provided in language arts and mathematics. In grades 1-5, the program addresses the four foundation areas: language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- CFISD's Bilingual and ESL programs provide additional support in English language development for students who have a home language other than English and who have been identified as limited-English-proficient.
- Elementary schools in Cypress-Fairbanks also feature enrichment activities such as student clubs, tutorial sessions, cultural arts programs, academic competitions, and field trips.
- Report cards are issued every nine weeks. Academic progress reports are sent to parents after the fourth week of each grading period.
(as indicated in the 2012-13 AEIS Report)
||TWO OR MORE RACES
943 students as of 9/16/13
How We Got Our Name
Bob and Bobbie Warner were selected as the namesakes for Elementary #46. Bob spent 30 of his 34 years in education working for CFISD prior to his retirement in June 2004. He was a teacher and swim coach at several secondary schools, an assistant principal at Cy-Fair High School and Dean Junior High School, and the principal at Labay Junior High and Cy-Fair High schools. While he was the principal at Labay, the school was named a National Blue Ribbon School for three consecutive years—the only Texas school to achieve this distinction. Bob was also named the 1992-93 Region IV Middle School Principal of the Year.
Bobbie spent 29 of her 35 years in education working for CFISD. She began her tenure with the district as a P .E . teacher at Yeager Elementary. She was a teacher and swim coach at Bleyl, the coordinating counselor at Cypress Creek High School, and was serving as the director of testing and research when she retired from the district in June 2004. Bobbie was the Harris County representative for five years on the TEA committee that developed the Texas Accountability Rating System. Bob and Bobbie have one son, Brady, who graduated from Cypress Creek in 1991.
The Warner PTO meets on a regular basis. The organization funds cultural arts activities and field trips, organizes volunteers, sponsors various student events, and conducts fund-raisers, which have provided technology, landscaping, books, and playground equipment.
Partnerships with the community are vital in order to strengthen instructional outcomes for all students. We would like you to develop a collaborative relationship with us that will foster long-term student achievement ... one that offers opportunities for all students ... making a difference together.