22400 Fairfield Place Drive, Cypress, TX 77433
Principal: Elizabeth Miller
School hours: 8:50 a.m. to 3:50 p.m.
School Opened: 2009
Elizabeth Miller - Principal
Michelle Lloyd - Assistant Principal - PPCD, 1st, 3rd & 5th
Eva McDonald - Assistant Principal - PreK, K, 2nd & 4th
Katie Hopkins - Counselor
Susan Huntsman - Instructional Specialist Math/Science
Sarah Millerhouse - Instructional Specialist Reading/Language
Angela Arnett - Librarian
Shelly DeLoach - Secretary
Curriculum - Elementary
- CFISD elementary schools are comprised of students in grades K-5. Students who qualify for the Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities or for Pre-kindergarten are bused to sites that provide these programs.
- Core subjects at the elementary level include reading, language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, technology applications, health, physical education, art, music, and theatre arts.
- Every campus faculty includes the following members: counselor(s), nurse, diagnostician, speech and language clinician, dyslexia specialists, reading specialist(s), and content-area liaisons, as well as specially trained/certified teachers in the following areas: art, music, physical education, technology applications, English as a Second Language, and gifted education.
- The District's HORIZONS program is for academically-gifted students. In kindergarten, gifted instruction is provided in language arts and mathematics. In grades 1-5, the program addresses the four foundation areas: language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- CFISD's Bilingual and ESL programs provide additional support in English language development for students who have a home language other than English and who have been identified as limited-English-proficient.
- Elementary schools in Cypress-Fairbanks also feature enrichment activities such as student clubs, tutorial sessions, cultural arts programs, academic competitions, and field trips.
- Report cards are issued every nine weeks. Academic progress reports are sent to parents after the fourth week of each grading period.
(as indicated in the 2011-12 AEIS Report)
||TWO OR MORE RACES
1266 students as of 9/16/13
How We Got Our Name
Deanna Swenke was selected as the namesake for Elementary #50. Swenke, who retired as the associate superintendent for curriculum and instruction in June 2008, spent 38 of her 44 years in education within CFISD.
The PTO meets on a regular basis. The organization funds cultural arts activities and field trips, organizes volunteers, sponsors various student events, and conducts fund-raisers, which have provided technology, landscaping, books, and playground equipment.
Jeremy Kartchner - President
Bree Griffin - Major Fundraising
Jamie Windham- Membership
Mamta Patel - Special Events
Carol Strong - Secondary fundraising
Terri Brechter - Treasurer
Partnerships with the community are vital in order to strengthen instructional outcomes for all students. We would like you to develop a collaborative relationship with us that will foster long-term student achievement ... one that offers opportunities for all students ... making a difference together. For more information, contact Joyce Spencer.