17003 Kieth Harrow Blvd., Houston, Texas, 77084
(281) 463-5928 ~ FAX: (281) 463 5531
Principal: Karen Stockton, Ed.D.
School Hours: 8:45 a.m. to 3:45 p.m.
School Opened: 1977
Principal: Dr. Karen Stockton
Assistant Principals: Susan Epperson, Kim Birkelbach
Counselors: Alison Rash, Lyla Payne
Instructional Specialists: Nina Campbell, Heather Enochs-Sands
Librarian: Debora Dillard
Diagnostician: Caitlyn Barry
Nurse: Yvonne Britt
Behavior Specialist: Kristine Ashmead, Laureen Benson
Campus Secretary: Kathryn Gutierrez
Attendance Secretary: Adela Stokes
Bottom row, Left to right:
Principal - Karen Stockton
Counselor - Alison Rash
Middle row, Left to right:
AP - Susan Epperson
IS - Nina Campbell
Nurse _ Yvonne Britt
Librarian - Debora Dillard
Campus Secretary - Kathryn Gutierrez
Top row, Left to right:
Counselor - Lyla Payne
Diagnostician - Caitlyn Barry
AP - Al Brien
BI - Kristine Ashmead
IS - Heather Enochs-Sands
Registrar - Adela Stokes
Lieder Elementary focuses on the diversity and strengths of all students. We believe every child has the ability to succeed.
Curriculum - Elementary
- CFISD elementary schools are comprised of students in grades K-5. Students who qualify for the Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities or for Pre-kindergarten are bused to sites that provide these programs.
- Core subjects at the elementary level include reading, language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, technology applications, health, physical education, art, music, and theatre arts.
- Every campus faculty includes the following members: counselor(s), nurse, diagnostician, speech and language clinician, dyslexia specialists, reading specialist(s), and content-area liaisons, as well as specially trained/certified teachers in the following areas: art, music, physical education, technology applications, English as a Second Language, and gifted education.
- The District's HORIZONS program is for academically-gifted students. In kindergarten, gifted instruction is provided in language arts and mathematics. In grades 1-5, the program addresses the four foundation areas: language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- CFISD's Bilingual and ESL programs provide additional support in English language development for students who have a home language other than English and who have been identified as limited-English-proficient.
- Elementary schools in Cypress-Fairbanks also feature enrichment activities such as student clubs, tutorial sessions, cultural arts programs, academic competitions, and field trips.
- Report cards are issued every nine weeks. Academic progress reports are sent to parents after the fourth week of each grading period.
(as indicated in the 2012-13 AEIS Report)
||TWO OR MORE RACES
1015 students as of 9/16/13
How We Got Our Name
Lieder Elementary was named for two pioneers in the Cypress-Fairbanks area, Herman Lieder and his wife Marie. Mr. Lieder was born in a home on which the present Cy-Fair High School now stands, and Mrs. Lieder was born in the Neudorf District which later consolidated with and now is part of Cypress-Fairbanks ISD. The husband and wife team had a total of 54 years of service to the District before retiring.
The Lieder PTO meets on a regular basis. The organization funds cultural arts activities and field trips, organizes volunteers, sponsors various student events, and conducts fund-raisers, which have provided technology, landscaping, books, and playground equipment.
PTO President: Thomas Vasquez
PTO Vice President: Andrea Carrasco
PTO Treasurer: Liliana Mancera
PTO Secretary: Raquel Lugo
PTO VIPS Coordinator: Tera Shelton
5th Grade Memory Book: Mary Guerra
PTO Parent Committee: Jessica Anderson,
Partnerships with the community are vital in order to strengthen instructional outcomes for all students. We would like you to develop a collaborative relationship with us that will foster long-term student achievement ... one that offers opportunities for all students ... making a difference together. For more information, please contact Danielle Young at 832-427-5224 or 832-498-6337.