11850 Fallbrook Drive, Houston 77065
Principal: Kelly Dalton
School Hours: 8:45 a.m. - 3:45 p.m.
School Phone: 281-955-4981
School Opened: 2005
Principal - Kelly Dalton
Assistant Principal - Rocio Braley (PPCD, PK, K, 1, 3)
Assistant Principal - Kimberley Criswell (Life Skills, 2, 4, 5)
Counselor - Tracy Favorite
Librarian - Kelley Book
Nurse - Christiane Bernal
Instructional Specialist - Karen Richardson
Instructional Specialist - Oksana Shanya Gensior
At Risk/Behavior Specialist - Julia Zuniga
Tracy Favorite, Counselor
Julia Zuniga, Behavior Interventionist
Kimberley Criswell, Assistant Principal
Kelly Dalton, Principal
Rocio Braley, Assistant Principal
Kelley Book, Librarian
Karen Richardson, Instructional Specialist
Oksana Shanya Gensior, Instructional Specialist
Curriculum - Elementary
- CFISD elementary schools are comprised of students in grades K-5. Students who qualify for the Preschool Program for Children with Disabilities or for Pre-kindergarten are bused to sites that provide these programs.
- Core subjects at the elementary level include reading, language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, technology applications, health, physical education, art, music, and theatre arts.
- Every campus faculty includes the following members: counselor(s), nurse, diagnostician, speech and language clinician, dyslexia specialists, reading specialist(s), and content-area liaisons, as well as specially trained/certified teachers in the following areas: art, music, physical education, technology applications, English as a Second Language, and gifted education.
- The District's HORIZONS program is for academically-gifted students. In kindergarten, gifted instruction is provided in language arts and mathematics. In grades 1-5, the program addresses the four foundation areas: language arts, mathematics, science, and social studies.
- CFISD's Bilingual and ESL programs provide additional support in English language development for students who have a home language other than English and who have been identified as limited-English-proficient.
- Elementary schools in Cypress-Fairbanks also feature enrichment activities such as student clubs, tutorial sessions, cultural arts programs, academic competitions, and field trips.
- Report cards are issued every nine weeks. Academic progress reports are sent to parents after the fourth week of each grading period.
(as indicated in the 2011-12 AEIS Report)
||TWO OR MORE RACES
1099 students as of 9/16/13
How We Got Our Name
Elementary #42 was named for retired principal Thomas M. Danish, who spent 22 of his 30 years in education working for CFISD prior to his retirement in June 2003. His tenure with the district started at Matzke, where he taught for one year before transferring to Frazier as a team leader and assistant principal for four years. He was later named principal at Post and then Lamkin where he served until his retirement. Danish served 17 years in CFISD as a principal. He and his wife Helen have one daughter, Teri.
The Danish Elementary PTO meets on a regular basis. The organization funds cultural arts activities and field trips, organizes volunteers, sponsors various student events, and conducts fund-raisers, which have provided technology, landscaping, books, and playground equipment. For more information, please contact DanishPTO@hotmail.com
Tina Vordokas & Heather Cates
Vice-President – Fundraising
Partnerships with the community are vital in order to strengthen instructional outcomes for all students. We would like you to develop a collaborative relationship with us that will foster long-term student achievement ... one that offers opportunities for all students ... making a difference together. . For more information, please contact Kelly Book@ 281-955-4981.